30 some odd days in a small town on the Pacific coast of Mexico; practicing Yoga, meditation, getting bodywork, taking siesta, and just plain old bumming around on the beach. Yes, that's what I need to get away from the hectic, stressful, routine of my life in the caribbean...wait...what?
Yes, we all have habits and habits become routine and routine has a habit of feeling like absolute reality and that narrowing of vision can make you feel stuck; at least it's made me feel stuck. I mean look at my life...I live on a gorgeous island in the Caribbean. I live steps (STEPS AWAY PEOPLE!) from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I have a job...a good job. I've got my health, friends who love me, ample food; shelter. Seriously, what do I need to get away from?
Myself; my routine. I've lost sight of the goodness and gotten stuck in the inevitable annoyances of life. I've got a short fuse. Everything seems so important. I'm defensive; resentful and can't get out of my own way enough to just let it all go...
I'm wishing a lot for this trip and I know it's not going to look exactly like my fantasy (30 days and I will be a completely zen, happy, enlightened being!) but maybe it will..who knows?
Let the adventure begin...
No comments:
Post a Comment