So I have just finished 1 whole day of my personal spiritual journey in Mexico. There is so much already that i have seen & felt. It's an overload of sensory information. It is beautiful here…just ridiculously gorgeous. The beach is amazing. You can't really compare it to Grace Bay Beach because it is like night & day. The sand is soft but a dark brown; the water practically unswimmable because the waves are so high and the water is constantly changing direction. I jumped in for 20 minutes and when I got out I noticed i had been carried at least 100ft from my starting position without even realizing it. This area is so mountainous it feels like you are in the jungle. Like someone built a small town in the jungle by the beach. I want to take pictures; right down thoughts; document everything. But I also just want to be here and have the experience. I hope I can strike a good balance.
And of course, there is the yoga. So far it is a really beautiful place. The teachers Yogita & Wolfgang (yup…isn't that amazing!) are great at communicating the principles & meaning of yoga and surprisingly down to earth for yogis. I got some pretty sound advice from a fellow student who has already been here for 2 weeks. She said, "half of what you hear will change your life…the other half take with a grain of salt". I've already had a freakish experience during practice. We were in savasana (end of class relaxation; lying face up; eyes closed). All of a sudden I felt a warmth on my belly and realized someone had their hands on my stomach and with every breath was moving their hands in a half circle, rubbing my belly. It felt warm and comforting and great. I thought, this is a nice touch; the teacher is going to go around and do this to everyone..cool. And then I heard the teacher's voice coming from the front of class. It startled me because I thought, if he didn't have his hands on me, then who did. Noone, I cracked my eyes open and noone was there. Now I am a massage therapist. I believe in feeling energies and have often felt energy; as warmth & tingling and movement; in my hands. But I have never had such a vivid energetic feeling like the one I just described. So maybe I am opening myself to the power of this place and my own unrealized potential or I am going crazy. Stay tuned. Well it's time to start day 2 and start class. Until next time.
Be well.
*update* aarrgh! trying to upload pictures but we don't have the strongest internet in these parts so...it will have to wait for another day...
No comments:
Post a Comment