Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Indiaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Well the European adventure comes to a close here in Athens and the Asian vision quest begins....
Five months of travel...done!
What have I accomplished?
How have I changed?
Have I accomplished anything?
Changed at all?
Who knows? It's most definitely too soon to tell. In my pre-trip fantasy, at this point I had envisioned myself as super-fit from all my walking and eating fresh local fruits and veggies;
relaxed and calmed by the solitude of my travels; invigorated by all the wonders I have witnessed and above all-ready. Instead I feel soft around the middle from my steady diet of cheese and carbs; sluggish, tired and broke down from endless hours of walking and mentally exhausted from the sheer amount of sensory information I have taken in these past months.
I could use a yoga class!
And so I am reminded (and was reminded by those close to me) that whether or not it looks like I had envisioned, everything is coming together just as I planned; as it is supposed to be.
And so ready or not...I am jumping head first into my adventure within my adventure.
Ready...
Set....
Indiaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment