There is so much love. It's overwhelming. There's not enough room for it all and so my heart stretches and it starts to hurt; like when you laugh too hard. I knew I had friends. I've always had friends.
After leaving Niagara, I made stops. Visits with friends. But instead of seeing friends, I felt love. I felt loved. There were old friends & new friends; dear friends & acquaintances. People I spoke to often; others I hadn't seen in years. People who were expecting me & others who made time for me with little to no notice. Some I spent an hour with & some I spent days with. Some who were kind and gentle; some who knew me well enough to throw some (much needed) punches. I can't believe I have all these people and all this love around me. It's such a cliche. I often find myself rolling my eyes when I think it but I feel truly BLESSED. My heart has cracked open and is bursting with emotion. This is a good place to start. Broken, in all the right places.
I am embarking on an adventure. I am excited. I am ready. I know it will change me and see that it already has. Change is birth. Change is death. I recognize as I move forward, I will need to leave some things; people, relationships, thoughts, stories, dreams. There are things I cling to that I not serving me. In order to grab a hold of the things coming my way, I've got to let go of something. And so, although I am happy and excited...there are tears. Although I can't stop grinning from ear to ear...there is sadness. Beginnings & Endings. There will be too many to count on this voyage. Gonna strap myself in and let this ride begin.

No comments:
Post a Comment