Saturday, June 2, 2012

I've got a new name!

via/ˈvīə/

Traveling through (a place) en route to a destination

via (in Italian pronounced vee-ah)

 Way, street, road. e.g. Via Condotti.  
 Also means away. e. g. vai via go away
 Can be used as a command to mean go. via!

Thanks everyone for all of your helpful (& not so helpful) suggestions for the new incarnation of my blog.  As you can see I have decided on "Via Cristina".  It's the perfect word for me.  After all it's a word both in English & Italian; although originally made in Italy...just like me!  The above definitions speak for themselves.  I am most certainly on a route to a destination, albeit both the route and the destination are unclear to me at the point.    But I am traveling through...through the world, through this life, through my comfort zones hopefully. Maybe I'm not even searching for a destination but rather searching for the edge; pushing my own boundaries; moving toward a horizon that will open up to a new frontier.  No matter how far my travels, whether it be a neighboring island; like North Caicos, or across the other side of the world; like Hong Kong, I will still be home.  I will still be firmly living on Via Cristina.  And so with this new identity and spirit and focus it is time to set off and go!  
Via!
...Cristina :o)


2 comments:

  1. I love the new look. Can't wait for our road trip in just a few weeks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete