Where did you travel this year? What was your best trip?
Near… far… or wherever you roamed from home, how was your journey spent in 2011? What new places did you explore? What familiar favorites did you haunt?
This year I explored a little more of my home than ever before...I took a couple of day trips out to North & Middle Caicos; first when my parents came to visit and then when my best friend made the trek from San Francisco.
I also took a mid-week vacay to Grand Turk by myself. I rented a bike and explored the island by day and sat at a bar, drinking beer, eating conch fritters and watching the sun set by night.
Went back to Jamaica in September for the first time since moving to Provo. It was a short but sweet 4 days to visit a friend filled with lounging on beach chairs and gorging myself with festival.
Of course my year was most definitely marked by my 5 week trip to Mexico. There is something about going to a place and putting down roots. It's a different way to travel, to explore by actually living in a place; becoming friendly with the girl who runs the fruit stand; having the waiter know exactly what drink you like to order; seeing the ebb and flow of daily life in a place week after week.
No comments:
Post a Comment