Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reverb11 DAY 25 Milagro (wonder)

Illustrate your own personal wonderland — real or imagined. What’s the weather like? Who else is there with you? Use vivid detail.






My own personal wonderland...well honestly it keeps changing.  Had you asked me at 21 when I first moved to New York City; I would have told you that it was the realization of my own personal wonderland.  Had you asked me a couple of years ago when I first moved down to the Caribbean; I would have told you that island life was my personal wonderland.  As 2011 winds down, when I think of what I would want in a personal wonderland; its changed yet again.  This year, more than ever, I found myself missing the seasons.  Not just the experience of the different weather but also how the change of seasons changes you.  My school days might be long over but fall always brings me back to those days when I was starting a new grade and thinking about my hopes for the new school year and planning my first day of school outfit.  As an adult, whenever I started feeling the crisp in the air, the leaves change, I still felt that giddyness.  I miss the cold sunny days of winter; the bustle of movement in the city as the holidays approach, hot chocolate with peppermint & whipped cream, sitting in a coffee shop as it snows outside.  I miss the optimism and freshness and cleaning of my inner and outer space that comes with the spring and the flowers and the gentle rains.  I know I am probably romanticizing it but..hey it's a wonderland!  My wonderland would be filled with the people who are far away from me, friends, family even those I have had a falling out with would be there.  My wonderland would be filled with abundance of food and books and music and art and anything that you could get creative with.  And I would work and serve and it would never seem labored.  And I would have time and energy for anything and everything I ever wanted to do...well that is definitely an imagined wonderland!



No comments:

Post a Comment