Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Reverb11 DAY 6 Salud (Health)

What did you do for your body’s benefit this year?


Well, today I gave my body 90minutes of pure bliss by getting a much needed and well deserved massage!  I've actually been pretty good about taking care of myself in that way this year.  The biggest thing I did for my body (mind and soul too!) was to go on a 5 week yoga retreat.  I remember learning a couple of warm-up exercises the very first day and thinking...that was tiring! And as you all know by the last day I was standing on my head.  Another great decision I made while I was in Mexico was to become a vegetarian.  Well, it's been just about 3 months since my return and this is a good thought to ponder today as not only did I skip yoga this morning but as I look over my computer at the kitchen table I am faced with the carcass of a bag of pringles, a dove ice cream bar and a liter of sprite.  I also bought a cantaloupe!  But that's still in the fridge...There's a lot of wiggle room in vegetarianism to be unhealthy and indulgent.  Thank you universe for this gentle reminder.  I really do feel so much better when I fill my days with yoga, meditation and real whole foods.  So tomorrow. yoga. 7am. who's with me!
“Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” ~Buddha



1 comment:

  1. this is great! when we are in the same hemisphere again, we can totally be vegetarians together! yay!

    ReplyDelete